Sabah is utilising the currency of Malaysia, the Malaysian Ringgit (RM).
Traveller's cheques and foreign currencies can be changed for Malaysian Ringgit at banks and hotels. However, major hotels may charge a nominal fee for currency conversion. There are also money changer kiosks available every major shopping complexes and airport.
Major Credit and Charge Cards
VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club - credit and charge cards are accepted in almost all departmental stores, supermarkets, petrol stations and restaurants.
The banking hour for Monday through Friday is from 9.30am to 4:30pm.
Shopping centres, supermarkets, restaurants and cafes are generally open daily from 10am to 10pm.
List of shopping centre for major town:
- Imago Shopping Mall (10:00 - 22:00)
- Oceanus Waterfront Mall (10:00 - 22:00)
- 1Borneo Leisure & Lifestyle Hyper Mall (10:00 - 22:00)
- Suria Sabah (10:00 - 22:00)
- City Mall Kota Kinabalu (10:00 - 22:00)
- Wisma Merdeka (10:00 - 20:00)
- Karamunsing Shopping Centre (10:00 - 20:00)
- KK Plaza (10:00 - 18:00)
- Centre Point Sabah (10:00 - 22:00)
- Warisan Square (10:00 - 20:00)
- Asia City Complex (10:00 - 20:00)
- Tanjung Aru Plaza (10:00 - 18:00)
- Megalong Mall Penampang (10:00 - 20:00)
- Grand Merdeka Mall (10:00 - 22:00)
- Wisma Sabah (08:00 - 18:00)
- Gentingmas Mall
- Harbour Mall
- Sabindo Plaza
- Eastern Plaza
- Lahad Datu Shopping Centre
- Darvel Bay Plaza
- Millemewa Shopping Centre