How Water Meter Is Read?
- Meter reader arrives at consumer’s residence.
- The reading on the water meter is recorded using a mobile computer.
- Water bill is printed using a printer machine.
- Bill is handed to consumer or inserted into a mail box or slide it under the front door of the house.
* You are responsible to get your water bill at the Water Department office in the event the bill is not forthcoming after 3 (three) months from the last issuance of such bill as stated in the Sabah Water Supply Enactment 2003.
DO YOU KNOW?
Water meter can also be used to detect leakage occurs along the water pipeline system or your house or premise.
Please do this simple test below:
- Ensure that there is no usage of water by shutting down all the water taps and water valves (including the valve for the water tank).
- Write down the reading of your water meter (including the reading indicated on the red dial).
- Stop the usage of water for an hour.
- After an hour or more, write down the reading again.
HOW TO DETERMINE IF YOUR WATER METER IS FUNCTIONING OR NOT?
Refer to your water meter. Observe the reading or write it down.
Turn on the water tap in the kitchen / the water tap at the water tank (continuous supply) and let the water runs.
Observe the reading on the water meter (red background) whether it is moving or otherwise.
Your water meter is functioning if there is an increase in the reading.
- You are responsible to safeguard the water meter. It is the property of the Sabah State government. If it is lost, please lodge a police report and submit the report in question to the Water Department office.
- You are liable of being penalised under the Sabah Water Supply Enactment 2003 if :
- changing the position or modifying the water meter;
- intentionally or recklessly causing damage to the water meter;
- altering the water index measurement.
- obstructing the water meter from recording your usage of water; and
- Getting water without going through a water meter.
- If you have any doubt about the reading on the water meter, you may request to run a test on the water meter.
- You are responsible to repair any leakage along the pipeline system after your water meter.