- The State Water Authority shall have the functions and duties to:
- Manage the production and distribution of water, and the collection of revenue;
- Regulate and control the supply of water;
- Ensure efficiency and quality in the supply of water;
- Exercise regulatory functions as prescribed under this Enactment and the Regulations made hereunder;
- Investigate any accidents involving any part of a water supply system arising out of the operations and maintenance of any water supply system or water supply services;
- Require a Water Supply Authority to perform any duty imposed on him by or under this Enactment or any regulations made hereunder;
- Prescribe a code of practice for Water Supply Authority;
- Prosecute any offence under this Enactment;
- Issue licence;
- Review the regulations made hereunder and to make recommendations to the Minister; and
- Carry on all such other activities as may appear to the State Water Authority necessary and incidental for the purpose of carrying out or in connection with the performance of his functions and duties under this Enactment.
- In addition to the functions and duties conferred on the State Water Authority by this Enactment or regulations made hereunder, the State Water Authority shall have the general control and supervision of all Water Supply Authorities in the State.
Water supply will be disturbed due to diverting works of 250mm & 300mm pipes at Intersection Indah Permai involved in the UMS / Sepanggar Road Upgrade Project from 22nd to 23rd March 2019 starting at 9.00 pm (22nd March) until 5.00am (23rd March) .
Water supply will be disrupted due to the conversion of Raw Water Pump No. 1 "Duty" for Operating New Plant Intake Operation to "Standby" Pump with Hanging Pump system due to the Pump "Duty" Intake New Intake Plant needs to be made more thorough inspection. The flow reading rate during the operation is low dramatically. The conversion works on 19 March 2019 (Tuesday) start at 9.00 am until work is done.
Please be informed that JANS will carry out Water Supply Cut-off Operations due to outstanding water bill payment. Accordingly, JANS customers are advised to pay promptly and promptly overdue installment payments and current bills, to avoid difficulties arising from water supply cutting operations. The water supply cutting area is in Sandakan, Beluran and Kinabatangan districts from 18th till 29th March 2019.
Water supply will be disrupted due to the washing of Lovo and Buffle tanks at the Mesapol Water Treatment Plant on 20th March 2019 starting at 7.00 am to 6.00 pm.